Dr. Albert A. Barreda
Dept of Hospitality Leadership
- PhD, Hospitality Management, University of Central Florida
- MS, Hospitality Management, University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- BS, Science Communications, San Agustin State University of Arequipa, Peru
- HRA 310, Analyzing Financial Performance
- HRA 410, Hospitality Marketing and Revenue Management
- HRA 480, Global Strategic Management in Hospitality Management
Dr. Barreda’s research has been presented in predominant industry and research conferences around the world including: Macau, China; Taichung, Taiwan; Portugal, Europe; Soule, South Korea, and United States of America. He has also received several awards for his research contributions, and has a consulting experience in the areas of hotel investments, and market research for hospitality and tourism organizations. He owns a consulting firm in the French area of Canada, Quebec.
- Barreda, A., Okumus, F., & Nusair, K. (May 20th 2015). Website Interactivity effects on trust in Hotel Websites. The World Conference on Hospitality, Tourism and Event Research (WHTER) & International Convention and Expo Summit (ICES) – Seoul - Republic of Korea
- Barreda, A., Okumus, F., & Nusair, K., Ozturk, A. (June 14th 2015). The influence of Website interactivity on brand experience, brand equity, brand choice, and brand associations: A behavioral intention approach in hotel Websites. The International Hospitality Information Technology Association (iHITA)
- Barreda, A. Bilgihan, A., Gomez, L. (2014).Developing Online Trust through Social Network Websites: A Mediating Model of Information Quality. TMS Algarve November 2014 –Management Studies International Conference.
- Barreda, A. & Kizildag, M. (2014). Who are the Bulls and Bears in Global Lodging Markets?. Winner of the AHFME award for best research paper (Nov 8th 2014). Association of Hospitality Financial Management Education.
Research and professional interests
- Bilgihan, A., Barreda, A., Okumus, F., & Nusair, K. (2016). Consumer perception of knowledge-sharing in travel-related Online Social Networks. Tourism Management, 52, 287-296. Published. SSCI
- Barreda, A. A., Bilgihan, A., & Kageyama, Y. (2015). The Role of Trust in Creating Positive Word of Mouth and Behavioral Intentions: The Case of Online Social Networks. Journal of Relationship Marketing, 14(1), 16-36. Published.
- Barreda, A., Kageyama, Y., singh, D., & Zubieta, S. (2016). Hospitality Bankruptcy in United States: A Multiple Discriminant Analysis-Logit Model Comparison. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism (2016). Published.
- Barreda, A. & Kizildag, M. (2015). Who are the Bulls and Bears in Global Lodging Markets?. Journal of Hospitality Financial Management. Waiting for Printing. Vol. 23 (2). Published.
- Barreda, A., Okumus, F., Nusair, K., & Bilgihan, A. (Accepted). The Mediating Effect of Virtual Interactivity in Travel-Related Online Social Network Websites. International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration. Waiting for Printing
- Barreda, A. A., Bilgihan, A., Nusair, K., & Okumus, F. (2015). Generating brand awareness in Online Social Networks. Computers in Human Behavior. Published.
- Strategic intuition
- Knowledge management
- Cross-cultural management
- Structural education modeling
- Economic valuation models
- Investments in the hospitality and tourism industry
Other notable experience
- Owns a consulting firm in Quebec, Canada
- Hotel investments
- Market research for hospitality and tourism organizations
Selected journal publications in
- Tourism Management
- Computers in Human Behavior
- Journal of Relationship Marketing
Awards and honors
- Hospitality Financial Management Educators Award, best research paper, "Who are the Bulls and Bears in Global Lodging Markets?," 2014.