Jokima L. Hiller
Dept of Hospitality Leadership
- MBA, Keller Graduate School of Management
- BS, Restaurant, Hotel, Institutional & Tourism Management, Purdue University Calumet
- Certified Hospitality Educator, American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute
- HRA210 Introduction to Hospitality Leadership
- HRA215 Introduction to Lodging Management
- HRA430 Special Event Planning
Research and professional interests
Hiller’s research interests include the millennial generation traveler, uniforms in the hospitality industry, experiential learning activities in the hospitality classroom, and first-time hotel manager preparedness. She enjoys public speaking and has had numerous opportunities to facilitate workshops on a variety of topics including leadership keys and meeting planner burnout.
- Hiller, J. (2015). 7 EASY Ways to Show Your Employees YOU Care! A Booklet for Hotel Managers and Others. Outskirts Press.
- Hiller, J. & Woods, J. (2011). The RevPAR Formula: OCC + ADR = RevPAR. Outskirts Press.
- Hiller, J. "What About Me? Beating Meeting Planner Burnout!, ACCED-I Annual Conference, Chicago, March 2015.
- Hiller, J. “What About Me?” Beating Meeting Planner Burnout at the Convention Industry’s Council (CIC) Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) Conclave in New Orleans, LA in September 2014.
Awards and honors
- Certified Distance Educator Award, Missouri State University 2015
- Certificate of Excellence, Cvent Supplier Network, Cvent 2015