Stephanie G. Hein
Dr. Stephanie Hein is department head of hospitality leadership. She publishes and presents in the areas of curriculum development and review, student recruitment and learning, hospitality financial analysis and food service operations, and academic-industry collaborations.
Hein currently serves as a commissioner for the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration, immediate past chair for Springfield's Convention and Visitors Bureau, and is actively involved in the International Council on Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Education.
- EdD, Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, 2010, University of Missouri – Columbia
- MBA, Management, 2005, Missouri State University
- BS, Hospitality and Restaurant Administration, 1995, Missouri State University
- Certified Hospitality Educator, American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute
Awards and honors
- Outstanding Achievement Award, Missouri State University’s Greg Onsto
- Springfield’s Twenty Most Influential Women of 2014, Springfield Business Journal, 2014
- Excellence in Service Award, College of Natural and Applied Sciences, Missouri State University, 2012
- Provost’s Academic Leaders Program, Missouri State University, 2009
- Faculty Fellow, Missouri State University’s Living Learning Communities initiative, 2007, 2009
- "Who Has Made A Difference", Missouri State University’s R.E.A.L. Bears Student Program, 2008-2010
- Master Academic Advisor, Missouri State University
- USA Funds Grant ($185,000), Spring 2015
- Darden Foundation Grant ($25,000), Spring 2008
- Missouri Beef Council Educational Grant ($16,719), Fall 2003–Spring 2009
Area of expertiseStudent affairs Tourism and travel
What Can We Expect for Summer Travel?
Hospitality expert Dr. Stephanie Hein explains what summer travel will look like.
Opinion: Pent-up travels tweaking hospitality strategies
Springfield Business Journal
Hospitality expert Dr. Stephanie Hein discusses the hospitality industry moving forward.
6 Common Job Interview Questions and Answers
Hospitality expert Dr. Stephanie Hein shares a few common job interview questions and answers.
Make the Most of Summer Travel
Hospitality expert Dr. Stephanie Hein offers some tips and advice on maximizing your summer vacation.
Feeling Stuck in Your Current Hotel Job? Tips for Moving up the Ladder Quickly
Hospitality expert Dr. Stephanie Hein explains how hotel employees can increase their chances of being promoted.