Learning outcomes for the BAS in Hospitality Leadership
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of leadership theory and the relationship between ethical leadership, corporate culture, and performance.
- Students will interact effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Students will engage in community activities directly benefitting the broader community.
- Students will acquire and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of hospitality industry knowledge.
- Students will engage in learning activities that provide a foundation for the management of foodservice operations.
- Students will acquire an understanding of the importance of tourism and the hospitality industry’s role in supporting this vital economic force.
- Students will acquire, integrate, and evaluate a core set of business skills necessary to successfully operate a hospitality organization.
- Students will demonstrate effective written and oral communication.
- Students will demonstrate quantitative reasoning and critical thinking skills needed to make sound business decisions.