The Department of Hospitality Leadership offers two degrees, a Bachelor of Science and a Bachelor of Applied Science. Both programs prepare students for managerial positions in hotels, restaurants, resorts, casinos, institutional food service, catering and many other areas.
The Bachelor of Applied Science provides comprehensive, flexible curriculum for students who have already earned an Associate of Applied Science in hospitality management or culinary arts.
Hospitality Leadership (BAS)
Major requirements (52-53 hours):
- Associate of Science or Associate of Applied Science degree from an accredited institution. Contact the department for details.
- HSP 210(2), 215(3), 218(3); HSP 220(2) or ACC 201(3); HSP 230(2), 321(3).
- Core courses: HSP 310(3), 354(3), 428(3), 490(3), 499(6).
- 12 additional hours of upper division HSP electives.
- Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of HSP 490(3) and 499(6).
- Seven additional hours of advisor approved upper division electives to bring total upper division hours in degree to 40.