Dr. Daniel D. Crafts
Role: Faculty Emeritus
- EdD, Oklahoma State University
- MS, Oklahoma State University
- BS, Hotel and Restaurant Administration, Oklahoma State University
- Certified Hospitality Educator, American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute
- Certified TIPS Trainer
- HRA 315 Advanced Lodging Management
- HRA 354 Hospitality Human Resource Development
- HRA 360 Hospitality Facilities Management
- HRA 409 Beverage Operations
Research and professional interests
- Human resource development
- Crafts, D. & Thomas, S. (2015). Sexual Harassment: A focus on Youth Employment and Managerial Practice in the Hospitality and Service Industries. The Electronic Journal of Legal, Safety, and Security Research. November,1, Vol. 8.
- Crafts, D. (July, 2010). Abstract. The bed and breakfast guest: An analysis of segmentation and consumer variables. International CHRIE Annual Conference Proceedings. San Juan Puerto Rico.
- Crafts, D. & Thompson, L (2007). Reassessing Career Advancement Obstacles for Women in the Hospitality Industry. The Consortium Journal of Hospitality and Tourism. 11, (2).
- Schaefer, A., Crafts, D. & Kent, J. (2000). Relative importance of distributor selection criteria to independent restaurant operators. Journal of Restaurant and Foodservice Marketing. 3, (3-4).
- R. Brymer & Hashimoto, K. (2008). Hospitality and Tourism.13 ed.; Dan Crafts, Chapter 12, pp. 150-168. Independent and Entrepreneurial Operations. Kendal Hunt Publishing, Dubuque, IA.
- R. Brymer & Hashimoto, K. (2007). Hospitality and Tourism. 12 ed.; Dan Crafts, Chapter 6, pp.69-77, Independent and Entrepreneurial Operations. Kendall Hunt Publishing, Dubuque, IA.
- Crafts, D. (January/February, 1990). Alcohol Server Training. Midsouthwest Restaurant. pp. 19-21. Oklahoma Restaurant Association.
- Crafts, D. (June 1985). Evaluating for profit. Oklahoma Hotel and Motel Inn-Sider. p.4. Oklahoma Hotel and Motel Association.
- Crafts, D. & Dallas, M. (2015). Emerging Alternatives to Organized Labor in the Hospitality Industry. Refereed Poster Presentation at ICHRIE Annual Conference. Orlando, Fla.
- Crafts, D, & Thomas, S. (2014). Sexual harassment: A focus on youth employment and the evolution of employer liability and managerial practice. Presentation at ICHRIE Annual Conference, San Diego, Calif.
- Crafts, D. (July, 2012). Developing the New Generation of Green and Sustainable Leaders in The Hospitality Industry. I-CHRIE Annual Conference. Providence, RI.
Awards and honors
- College of Natural & Applied Sciences Award for Student Mentoring, 2012
- College of Natural & Applied Sciences Excellence in Service Award, 2012
- Heinz Fellowship for Graduate Studies, 1986
- MOOT CORP Fellowship – University of Texas at Austin, 2003
- Associate in the Missouri State University Leadership Development Program, 2004
- Commendation from the Oklahoma State Legislature for Public Service, 1983
- Commendation from the Oklahoma State Legislature for Public Service, 1985
- Certified Hospitality Educator; American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute
- Certified TIPS Trainer
- Master Academic Adviser, Missouri State University